How To Detox Simply
This is a massive subject and would probably warrant a book all on its own. So my aim here is to provide a brief overview and simple tips that you can use to assist your body to be less toxic.
Five Keys to Detoxification:
1. Remove Toxins – Eliminating toxins is absolutely essential if you want to rebalance your detox system. Look at changing the foods you are eating or products that you are using that contain toxins that you could avoid or remove from your life.
2. Mend Your Gut – Gut imbalances are a key source of toxins.
3. Be Active – Help your blood and lymphatic circulation to do its job.
4. Boost Your Liver and Detox System – If your detoxification system isn’t working properly, this is a serious problem and needs to be addressed. A great place to start is with the 10-step approach below but I would strongly urge you to seek the support of a highly qualified naturopath or doctor who understands detoxification.
5. Detox Your Mind – This is just as important as detoxing your body. Deal with your issues and address your emotional state.
To completely detoxify your body takes time and needs to be approached very carefully.
10 Simple Steps to Improve Detoxification
By following this 10 step plan you can get started on your path to a healthier more vital you. Proper detoxification is so essential for health that you need to start enhancing your body’s ability to detoxify today. Here is how to do it:
1 Drink Clean – Drink plenty of filtered, clean water. The recommendation is at least eight to ten glasses of water a day. However if you are toxic you will need to drink more than this.
2 Eat Clean – You should also eat organic produce and animal products to eliminate the toxins, hormones, and antibiotics in your food.
3 Keep Your Bowels Moving – Your bowels need to move, once or twice a day. If you are constipated try extra magnesium citrate supplements, acidophilus probiotics and ground flax seeds. I also find liquid chlorophyll after each meal very beneficial.
4 Eat To Detox – Eat servings of colourful fruits and vegetables, especially cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts,) and garlic and onions, which contain sulphur to help detoxification.
5 No White Food – This includes white flour and white sugar.
6 Minimise Drugs – Avoid stimulants, sedatives, and drugs, caffeine and nicotine, and reduce alcohol intake.
7 Be Active – Exercise gently five days a week, walking, swimming and light weights.
8 Get Sweaty – Sweat profusely three times a week, use a sauna, steam, or a detox bath with Epsom salts added.
9 Supplement – Take a high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement.
10 Relax – relax deeply every day to get your nervous system in a state of calm, rest, and relaxation.
These 10 steps help reduce problems caused by toxicity, maximise your body’s own detoxification abilities, and help you safely eliminate toxin stores.
Depending on your symptoms, constitution and toxin exposures, you may need different levels of nutrients and types of treatment, but this is an excellent way to start your detoxing. Eliminating toxins and learning how to optimise your detoxification system is essential for creating vibrant health.
Dr Rachel Hall of Evolve Dental Healing supports patients to detox and elimate toxins via mercury amalgam removal with the support and guidance of naturopaths, integrative medicine GPs and nutritonists.
Call us to find out how we can support your to have a healthy mouth for a healhtier longer life. 07 3720 1811