Published By Dr. Rachel Hall
at 05 December, 2018
Why do people get their amalgam fillings removed?
There are 5 main reasons:
- Concern about their general health, they don’t have any particular health issues but now they don’t feel as good as they used to or as they could and they are worried that it is the mercury in the fillings that is part of the problem
- They have a lot of health problems and it has come up in tests that they have issues with heavy metals and they have been advised by their practitioner to have the mercury fillings removed.
- They in good health and into a clean healthy lifestyle and having mercury in their teeth do not fit with their ideal of health or their choices of what they will or won’t put into their body
- Cosmetics – they simply don’t like the look of the unsightly dark metal fillings in their teeth
- There is decay or breakage of the tooth or filling, or the filling has broken down and no longer properly sealing the tooth off against bacteria.
In all cases we remove them following our strict safety protocols to reduce mercury exposure.